Christmas Cookie Count is a simple but effective PowerPoint game. It can be played quickly as a stand-alone game, or used effectively as a review game after a Bible lesson.
Here’s how it works…
- Two teams play alternately
- After answering a review question correctly and being awarded points (we suggest 50 for a correct answer) the first team chooses a cookie. It is fun to have them describe the cookie, rather than simply point to it. This encourages the children’s powers of expression.
- The PowerPoint operator then clicks once on the selected cookie.
- that cookie will slide off the screen and a Bonus Score will then be revealed and should be added to the score so far.
- The next team will win their chance to play by answering a review question.
- They then choose their cookie and the revealed score is added to their total.
- The game continues until all the cookies have gone, or the time alotted has finished.
- The winning team is the one with the highest score.
RIGHT-click on the links below to download the PowerPoint and save it to your computer.
If you do not have the PowerPoint program on your computer, you can still enjoy the game by downloading the PPS version. This is a self playing version which will start and fill your screen. Use the mouse to click and advance the slides, and then click on the cookies in the usual way.
NEWS UPDATE! We now have a printed version of this game for those who prefer the low-tech option!